» » № 837-842. Monasteries of the Russian Orthodox Church.

№ 837-842. Monasteries of the Russian Orthodox Church.

26.03.2003

Painter – Zaytsev L.

Stamps per sheets: 1 (1x1 stamps).
Paper - coated; manufacturing process - offset + embossed printing + varnish; perforation - comb 12½ x 11½.

The Yuriev Monastery in Novgorod was founded in 1030 by the famous Russian prince Yaroslav the Wise, whose Christian name was George (Yuri). The stamp features the monastery and St George Pobedonosets (The Bringer of Victory) (Heaven Protector of Yaroslav the Wise).

Face value Size Description Price, mint Price, used Quantity
5.00 57.15×31.75 The Yuriev Monastery in Novgorod.
multicolor
5.00 3.50 180000

№ 838

The Tolgsky monastery of the Introduction into Temple of the Mother of God was founded in 1314 at the point where the Tolga flows into the Volga River, and where the Icon of the Most Holy Mother of God, later known as the icon of the Mother of God of the Tolga, was miraculously obtained. The stamp features the monastery and the icon.

Face value Size Description Price, mint Price, used Quantity
5.00 57.15×31.75 The Tolgsky Nunnery of the Introduction into Temple of the mother of God.
multicolor
5.00 3.50 180000

№ 839

The Kozelsk Optina Pustyn Monastery of the Introduction into Temple of the Holy Mother of God was founded in the late 14th - early 15th century by the repentant brigand Opta who assumed the religious name of Makarius. The stamp features the monastery and Reverend Hieromonk Amvrosius.

Face value Size Description Price, mint Price, used Quantity
5.00 57.15×31.75 The Kozelsk Optina Pustyn Monastery of the Introduction into Temple of the Holy Mother of God.
multicolor
5.00 3.50 180000

№ 840

The Solovetsky Zosima and Savvatiy Monastery of the Transfiguration of Our Savior was founded at the end of the 1420's and started by Reverend Zosima, Savvatii and German of Solovets. The stamp features them and the monastery.

Face value Size Description Price, mint Price, used Quantity
5.00 57.15×31.75 The Solovetsky Zosima and Savvatii Monastery of the Transfiguration of Our Savior.
multicolor
5.00 3.50 180000

№ 841

The Novodevichy monastery of the Mother of God of Smolensk was founded in 1524 in the Luzhniki Tract by the Grand Prince Vasily III as a memorial to the reconquest of Smolensk into Russia. In 1525 a replica of the Icon of Our Lady of Smolensk, the miracle-working protector of the Russian Army was taken to the Novodevichy monastery. The stamp features the monastery and the icon, one of the main monastery shrines.

Face value Size Description Price, mint Price, used Quantity
5.00 57.15×31.75 The Novodevichy Nunnery of the Mother of God of Smolensk.
multicolor
5.00 3.50 180000

№ 842

The Seraphim Nunnery of the Holy Trinity in Diveyevo was founded in 1780 by nun Alexandra in the village of Diveyevo near Nizhny Novgorod. The stamp features Reverend Seraphim Sarovsky who was appointed Father Superior of the Diveyevo Nunnery after nun Alexandra's death.

Face value Size Description Price, mint Price, used Quantity
5.00 57.15×31.75 The Seraphim Nunnery of the Holy Trinity in Diveyevo.
multicolor
5.00 3.50 180000

Sheetlet

Stamps per sheet: 6 (2x3 stamps).
Paper - coated; manufacturing process - offset + embossed printing + varnish; perforation - comb 11½ x 12½.
Sheetlet print quantity - 80000.

837 838
839 840
841 842

Category:
Religion : Cathedrals and churches
Religion : The great names of history
Religion : In artworks, icons

Stamps:
Monasteries of the Russian Orthodox Church.
Monasteries of the Russian Orthodox Church.
FDC:
Monasteries of the Russian Orthodox Church.
Special cancellation marks:
Monasteries of the Russian Orthodox Church.

скачать dle 12.0
25-01-2018, 18:24 146 0

Комментарии