» » № 164-167. Architectural Masterpieces of Russia.

№ 164-167. Architectural Masterpieces of Russia.

25.05.1994

Painter – Pletnyov A.

Stamps per sheets: 50 (10x5 stamps).
Paper - coated; manufacturing process - offset; perforation - comb 12½ x 12.

In 1709 a Triumph Arch was erected in Moscow to commemorate the victory of Poltava. It was so beautiful that it was called the Red Gate. The monument was rebuild several times after numerous fires. In 1752 D.Ukhtomsky (1719-1774) was ordered by the Empress Elizaveta to rebuilt the gate. Ukhtomsky built a beautiful, exquisite construction. In 1934 the Red Gate was demolished. The stamp also features a cartouche with the date "275" marking the 275th birth anniversary of D.V.Ukhtomsky.

Face value Size Description Price, mint Price, used Quantity
50.00 26×37 The Red Gate in Moscow.
50.00 10.00 1500000

№ 165

The Academy of Science, built in the classical style in 1783-1789, is one of the major creations of Jacomo Quarengi (1744-1817). The smoothness and monumentalness are expressed by the solemn colonnades which stand out against the smooth walls. The stamp also features the portrait of J.Quarengi, marking its 250th birth anniversary in 1994.

Face value Size Description Price, mint Price, used Quantity
100.00 26×37 Academy of Science, St.Petersburg.
100.00 20.00 1500000

№ 166

The cathedral was built in 1828-1835. The architect V.P.Stasov (1769-1848) succeeded in harmonically combining the five domes with the bulk of the cathedral. The side facades of the temple are built as porticos. Wide windows, smooth thick walls, grand colonnades and huge domes make the Troitsky Cathedral a prominent example of the Russian architecture of 1830s. The stamp also features the portrait of V.P.Stasov, whose 225th birth anniversary was celebrated in 1994.

Face value Size Description Price, mint Price, used Quantity
150.00 26×37 St.Trinity (Izmailovo) Cathedral in St.Petersburg.
150.00 30.00 1500000

№ 167

The cathedral was built in 1839-1881 at the site of the former St.Alexey Monastery by the architect K.A.Ton (1794-1881). The huge building was designed as a traditional ancient Russian church, Byzantium style. It was demolished in 1931. There was a large hole in the spot for a long time, and in 1958 a swimming-pool "Moskva" appeared there. In the early 1990s it was decided to rebuild the cathedral. The construction started in 1995. In 2000 the cathedral was consecrated by Alexy II. The stamp also features the portrait of K.A.Ton whose 200th birth anniversary was celebrated in 1994.

Face value Size Description Price, mint Price, used Quantity
300.00 26×37 Christ the Saviour Cathedral, Moscow.
300.00 60.00 1500000

Category:
Russian Federation : Moscow
Russian Federation : St.Petersburg
Religion : Cathedrals and churches
Culture and art : Architecture

FDC:
no data
Souvenir packs in cover:
Saint Petersburg

скачать dle 12.0
25-01-2018, 17:41 161 0

Комментарии